Friday, November 13, 2009
Abigail Leichman's Tuned in, zoned out
In the article "Tuned in, zoned out" Leichman explores the idea of iPods making people more anti social. I dont agree with this I just think that sometimes you need to have some alone time but I dont think its like carrying a big "do not disturb sign" around your neck. I personally think that it is worst to interupt someone while they are reading than when they are listening to music. Because when you are reading you are concentrating in what what ever it is that you are reading. It is true that people have there earphones on might be "zoned out" but I dont see it as a sign of being anti social. Ipods serve as a way to carry our entire music library in the palm our hands. Overall this article makes a good point in saying that we communicate less when we have out earphones on but I dont think its a bad thing. We are not in our own little worlds we are zoned out becuase we might just be bored walking around alone and it makes us feel less lonely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment